Pre Waxing Tips
Hair length needs to be between 1/4 to 1/2 inch in length for great waxing results. Minimum hair length is 1/4 inch.
- Wash the area to be waxed, exfoliate the day before. This procedure will help loosen hair follices and remove dead skin cells that may help making waxing a little easy.
- Try to avoid highly caffeinated products as they heighten your sensitivity!
- Try to avoid waxing during your premenstrual cycle (slightly before, during and slightly after) AS the cycle creates sensitivity due to hormone changes.
- Take 2 pain killers (Advil, Tylenol, etc) before coming, to help desensitize the feeling.
- COME RELAXED (try to at least!) it is not as bad as you think.Our therapists are trained to give you the best treatment possible with the least amount of discomfort.
Post Waxing Tips
- Do not expose your freshly waxed skin to hot water (showers and baths) and chlorine (pools) and suntanning beds at least 24hrs. If you really must shower after waxing, use cool to luke warm water and be gentle with your skin.
- At home, gently exfoliate your skin each time you shower to help prevent ingrown hairs and to keep skin smooth and soft. Use body creams to continue to keep skin moisturized starting the day after waxing.
- Try using Aloe Vera cream/gel after waxing to calm the skin/redness and to provide cooling effect to skin.
- Especially with brazilian waxing, try to maintain your appt on a monthly basis to every 2 months. This will help you tolerate the "pain" better and minimize hairs as much as possible!